London's leading College is looking for an exceptional Lecturer in Public Service to join its friendly team at the Centre for Applied Sciences in Angel.
About the role:
The Centre for Applied Sciences is looking to recruit a Lecturer in Public Service, to join the department at the Centre.
We are looking to appoint a Lecturer in Public Service to teach and lead the delivery of Science on BTEC L2 - L3 Public Services study programmes and adult provision.
The post holder would be expected to:
• Teach and assess Public Service/Policing from Level 2 up to Level 3 across a range of associated courses.
• Act as a course tutor for Public Service/Policing students.
• Support students effectively in all aspects of their learning as a subject teacher and course tutor.
• Facilitate internal moderation and quality assurance processes
• Liaise effectively with Employers, Universities, Awarding bodies and their representatives. Support students in finding and completing mandatory work experience.
1. At least an Honours Degree in Public Service, Policing or relevant subject
2. Teaching qualification or a willingness to gain one
3. Experience of teaching or training Public Service/Policing related subjects
City and Islington College is a friendly learning community like no other. The Centre for Applied Sciences is a leader in its field and has been honoured with many prizes and awards. We offer unique courses in areas as diverse as Medical Science, Vet Nursing and Forensics. Find out more about City and Islington College here:
City and Islington College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.