A levels and Science Career cluster - Lecturer in Science Bio Chemistry
Full Time, Permanent
£30,955.00 to £38,407.00 per annum (including London Weighting Allowance)
United Colleges Group (UCG) is based at the heart of the education sector in London. With a combined turnover of c£50m, the Group has both the ambition and strength to create a lasting difference in the local communities it serves, and beyond. UCG offers education and training in all vocational areas a variety of levels for a wide range of learners. UCG prides itself on working closely with employers and engaging with local communities and beyond.
- We are seeking to appoint an experienced Lecturers in Science, who can teach any or all disciplines (Biology and Chemistry), in order to contribute to the teaching and development of these subjects within our School of Science.
- You must be able to teach on AS/A2, BTEC and Higher Education courses. Experience of Access Courses would be an advantage.
- It is essential that you are experienced in tutoring, assessing, recording and tracking students on different courses.
- The successful candidate should have a degree (or equivalent) in a related area.
- You should also be familiar with the current BTEC and A level curriculum and we encourage applications from teachers with a broad range of disciplines both in practice and theory
- You will have sound organisational skills, your ability to work cooperatively and contribute positively and creatively to a team is also essential.
- You will also possess a recognised Level 4 teaching qualification (PGCE/CertEd) or be willing to work towards a Level 5 teaching qualification upon appointment.
- Excellent communication, administration and interpersonal skills together with a commitment to working effectively as part of a team and contribute positively and creatively are also essential in this role.
In return, the Group offers generous annual leave, a defined-benefit pension scheme, an interest-free season ticket loan, cycle scheme, free sight tests, enhanced maternity and paternity leave schemes and many other benefits.
The College is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to full-vetting procedures including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services Check.
United Colleges Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.