Weston College is seeking to recruit a Lecturer in Sociology & Politics to join a hugely progressive and forward looking Sixth Form team in delivering a range of 16-19 full-time programmes. They will lead on the delivery of A-level Business courses.
We go from strength with record breaking recruitment on 2021 with over 500 students now enrolled onto A levels. Our results are also outstanding with 80% of learners achieving top grades in 2021.
We have start of the art classrooms and pride ourselves on our effort to promote cutting edge digital learning to the extent that we are now a virtually paperless teaching department.
We have a vibrant team of over 35 staff delivering 24 different A levels and you can expect a team environment that is both supportive and inclusive.
As an employee of Weston College you will have access to a huge range of benefits and support, including but not limited to:
- Wellbeing @ Weston hub, providing well-being support for all;
- A staff welfare officer;
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme (available 24/7, 365 days a year);
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders, and the opportunity to complete this training yourself;
- A mentor to support you in your new role;
- Training and development opportunities;
- Regular staff conferences, with guest speakers;
- Staff social events;
- Free on-site parking
- Great progression opportunities;
- Generous pension schemes.
Weston College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Weston College is committed to safeguarding and promoting
the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced CRB check.