Heart of Worcestershire (HoW) College is passionate about developing employability prospects by delivering a wide range of vocational, professional and technical qualifications. Located across four different campuses, Worcester, Redditch, Bromsgrove and Malvern, HoW College is a thriving organisation with a vast and diverse community of learners. Our learners and staff benefit from a range of modern facilities and some of the best employee development and training opportunities in the area.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join our SEN team within Heart of Worcestershire College based in our Redditch/ Worcester Campus.
The purpose of the role is:
• To plan and deliver high quality teaching, learning and assessment activities to learners with SpLD– moderate to severe learning difficulties. Will be responsible for developing schemes of work and teaching main qualification, English and math, tutorial and RARPA aims to special educational and high needs learners across a range of programmes within SEN and associated areas.
• To complete all the necessary administrative and developmental duties associated with the teaching role and that contribute to improving standards and achievements and the learner experience
• To take an active part in the recruitment of learners, providing appropriate advice and guidance.
To be considered for this role you must have a recognised qualification relating to teaching learners with SEND, I.E SpLD; have at least 3 years’ experience of teaching SEN including SpLD Moderate to severe learning difficulties and have an ability to use and develop information learning technology (ILT) to improve the learner experience.
In return we offer a friendly, modern working environment, a diverse employee reward scheme, childcare voucher scheme, pension scheme, continued professional development and a generous holiday allowance, along with many other benefits.
Our Vision is:
• To be the provider of choice for education, training and learning, delivering across Worcestershire, the West Midlands and nationally within our areas of specialism.
• To be recognised as a college that makes a difference by delivering services through innovation, partnership, co-creation and connectivity.
• To continue to inspire and enable our learners to be successful. We will raise attainment and meet aspirations by developing the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to ensure that everyone meets their full potential.
• To create the skills to advance the economic and social prosperity, adding value to the communities we serve.
We want our dynamic workforce to share our passion and enthusiasm. We are also committed to working with key stakeholders to enhance the economic prospects in the area. Our values of inclusivity, integrity, partnership and trust shine through in all that we do allowing us to provide responsive and informed services within our local community and beyond.
As one of the largest employers in the area we actively support and invest in our workforce. We pride ourselves on our progressive and flexible approach to both personal and professional development. We promote equality and diversity through inclusive practice and work with honesty and probity; placing the interests of our students and staff at the heart of all activities.
With a growth strategy that aims to further developing the quality of our offer and develop our partnerships with employers, educational institutions, and other stakeholders, there has never been a better time to join our thriving workforce.
Closing date for this post is: 25 July 2021. Interview will take place on 3 August 2021. 2021.
This College is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to complete and pay for a Disclosure & Barring Service check. The costs of this check will be deducted from the applicant’s first salary payment from the College.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received.
HoW College is a Smoke Free environment from the effects of direct/indirect contact with smoking, and all smoking related products.
This College is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment.