Lecturer in Springfield
Full Time 37 hours per week
Fixed Term Contract starting ASAP up until 13th May 2022 – Maternity cover
£25,433 per annum
Based at the St Albans Campus
This is an exciting opportunity to lead on the delivery and develop the curriculum for a group of young people with severe learning difficulties and disabilities within the ‘Springfield’ provision.
The ideal candidate will be highly empathetic, positive, and have experience of teaching young people whom have sensory needs, communication difficulties/disabilities and/or physical needs resulting from their disabilities. Due to the nature of the role candidates need to hold a recognised Level 5 Teaching Qualification.
You will be working as part of a large and well established team, supporting young people in achieving the aims and outcomes described on their Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs). Your transition into this post would be supported through a handover period with the current tutor.”
Closing Date: Sunday 31st October
Interviews will take place on a date to be confirmed
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.