We have an opportunity for a skilled Teacher specialising in Plumbing to join our team in Cambridge and Huntingdon.
This is a full-time, fixed term position to cover a maternity leave (up until June 2022) and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of between £25006-£34697 (dependent upon experience and qualifications), plus staff benefits.
Cambridge Regional College is a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon.
We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields.
Our campus facilities are among the best in the country. CRC is a college to be proud of and to be in.
It is important to us that we recognise the hard work and commitment of our staff.
As such, you can benefit from a range of rewards.
Here are some of the rewards you will benefit from as our teacher in plumbing:
- Generous holiday leave plus bank holidays
- Generous teachers’ pension scheme
- Discounted rates on Apple products
- Free gym membership option and discounted classes
- Discounted rates on college courses
- BUPA Health Expenses cash plan and Occupational Health services
- Free on-site car parking
- Exclusive discounts for high street and online stores with Rewards@CRC
- On site restaurants, retail and coffee outlets
- Staff Development opportunities
About the role:
We are currently seeking to appoint an inspirational and talented Plumbing Teacher to join our friendly and professional Construction and Motor Vehicle Technology department.
In this post you will be delivering teaching and assessing on our Level 1- 2 Plumbing courses and apprenticeship standards, and in addition to undertaking associated tutorial duties.
Our Plumbing Teacher will have the following key responsibilities:
- Delivering inspirational teaching and access to learning across a range of programmes, and to learners with a range of ages and abilities
- Contribute to course design, development of programmes and the expansion of the Department generally
- Liaise closely with colleagues to ensure the day to day practical and theoretical activities are co-ordinated appropriately for learners
- To provide focussed tutorial support both group and 121 for learners
- Such other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may be reasonably required at any of the College locations.
What we are looking for in our ideal Plumbing teacher:
- Hold qualifications at level 3 or Advanced Craft in Plumbing along with a teaching qualification
- Recent and relevant industrial experience
- Current or very recent experience of teaching
- Able to demonstrate an in-depth subject knowledge
- Assessing qualification and experience is desirable
- The ability to travel independently to other centres operated or staffed by the College
- Adaptable and flexible as evenings and weekend work may be required
- Prepared to participate in training in own time for college sponsored programmes, e.g. Teacher training.
- Mechanical engineering skills would be an advantage
- Current Health & Safety knowledge for the industry
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- High levels of IT skills with the ability to create teaching resources
- Positive, proactive, passionate about teaching and professional.
Note: Title for this role is ‘Lecturer – Plumbing’ at the College and thus JD entitled accordingly.
If you would like to be part of our valued team to help young people reach their potential then please click ‘apply’ today to join the team as our mat cover Lecturer – Plumbing – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 31 August 2021.
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.