Level 1 Learning Support Assistant (A1-B1)
‘Nothing is impossible with God’ Luke 1:37
‘Leaders have high expectations and aspirations for every child.’ OFSTED Feb 2020
Are you looking for a unique challenge? Have you thought about a career in teaching? We can offer a pathway into teaching with first class support, development and advice.
The governors are seeking to appoint an innovative and talented LSA who will work to make a significant contribution to raising standards for our children. The challenge is to enable all children to achieve their full potential through creative and immersive learning experiences, which is explicit in our mission statement: ‘Nothing is impossible with God’.
In return, we will develop a career pathway to support you in achieving your potential. We have a proven track- record of enabling and developing the next generation of teachers.
Do you have what our children are looking for?
We would like an LSA who:
- likes us and appreciates our contributions
- really listens to us and uses this information to help us overcome challenges
- is firm but fair with clear boundaries, supportive and understanding
- admits when they have made mistakes and are prepared to learn from them
- keeps us safe and makes us laugh
- ensures learning is fun and challenging and has lots of ways to teach and support in their toolbox
- really wants to be a part of our school family, parish and community
What are our staff and governors are looking for?
- a child-centred holistic approach to teaching and learning, which puts children firmly at the heart
- a team player who is resilient and is prepared to ‘go the extra mile’
- commitment and contribution to our Catholic ethos which is integral to our school
- someone who can inspire, innovate and work with others to problem-solve
- be an outstanding role model
- someone who understands the importance of building good relationships with everyone
- a good sense of humour
We can offer:
- A career pathway to support you in achieving your potential
- A strong inclusive environment where our ethos is central to all we do
- A warm and welcoming school that is unique in its richness and diversity
- A caring, hardworking and dedicated school team who are committed to a child-centred approach to maximise improvement
- Staff Health and Well-Being programme and support
- Enthusiastic and inquisitive children who are wonderful to work with
- A commitment to strong partnerships between children, parents, school team, governors, the local parishes and the wider community
- A commitment to continuing professional development and career progression for all
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged from 27/06/2022. For more information, to arrange a visit or for an application pack, please contact our school administrator, Mrs S Groundwell (see attached advert for full details)
For safeguarding and vetting reasons, all applicants are asked to use the model application form (Dec 2020 version)
Furthermore, all applicants are encouraged to make use of the attached job description and personal specifications, when completing their personal statement in the application form. This is to ensure the applicants provide relevant details regarding the post they are applying for.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; as such we will pursue safer recruitment processes and will verify all references. This post is subject to a DBS check & satisfactory references.
Closing date: Sun 3 July
Shortlisting: Mon 4 July
Interviews: Fri 8 July
Beeston St Francis of Assisi Catholic Primary Sch is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.