Level 1 Learning Support Assistant (A1-B1)
‘Nothing is impossible with God’ Luke 1:37
‘Leaders have high expectations and aspirations for every child.’ OFSTED Feb 2020
Are you looking for a unique challenge? Do you believe that all children can learn despite their barriers? Can you inspire others? Do you think you have the skills and talent we are looking for?
The governors are seeking to appoint 3 innovative and talented LSA’s who will work to make a significant contribution to raising standards for our children. The challenge is to enable all children to achieve their full potential through creative and immersive learning experiences, which is explicit in our mission statement: ‘Nothing is impossible with God’.
Do you have what our children are looking for?
We would like an LSA who:
likes children and appreciates their contributions
really listens to us and uses this information to help us overcome challenges
is firm but fair with clear boundaries, supportive and understanding
admits when they have made mistakes and are prepared to learn from them
keeps us safe and makes us laugh
ensures learning is fun and challenging and has lots of ways to teach and support in their toolbox
really wants to be a part of our school family, parish and community
What are our staff and governors are looking for?
• a child-centred holistic approach to teaching and learning, which puts children firmly at the heart
• a team player who is resilient and is prepared to ‘go the extra mile’
• commitment and contribution to our Catholic ethos which is integral to our school
• someone who can inspire, innovate and work with others to problem-solve
• be an outstanding role model
• someone who understands the importance of building good relationships with everyone
• a good sense of humour
We can offer:
• A strong inclusive environment where our ethos is central to all we do
• A warm and welcoming school that is unique in its richness and diversity
• A caring, hardworking and dedicated school team who are committed to a child-centred approach to maximise improvement
• Staff Health and Well-Being programme and support
• Enthusiastic and inquisitive children who are wonderful to work with
• A commitment to strong partnerships between children, parents, school team, governors, the local parishes and the wider community
• A commitment to continuing professional development and career progression for all
For more information or an application pack, please contact Mrs Wesner (see attached advert for details)
School visits welcome from Monday 13th September.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; as such we will pursue safer recruitment processes and will verify all references. An enhanced criminal record check via the DBS will be required.
Closing Date: Wednesday 22nd September
Shortlisting: Thursday 23rd September
Interviews: w/c 27th September
Beeston St Francis of Assisi Catholic Primary Sch is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.