Level 1 Pupil Support Assistant Required
Post: KS2 – 21.25 hrs per week mornings and lunchtime
We are looking to appoint a Level 1 Pupil Support Assistant to the above position. The person appointed will support and work alongside a high achieving child with ADHD who has an Educational Health Care Plan. The position will be on a temporary basis for as long as the pupil remains on the school roll. Applicants will need to demonstrate a wide range of strategies to support a pupil with ADHD and that they can:
• Assist children on an individual basis.
• Explain tasks simply and clearly.
• Provide sensory breaks when required.
• Adapt lessons and resources planned and provided by teachers.
• Liaise with outside agencies and follow advice and programmes under the guidance of the class teacher.
• Work well within a team.
• Be willing to undergo further training, including medical training.
• Be adaptable.
Salary: Grade 2 scale point 3 - 5 pro-rata of £21,783- £22,575
If you would like to discuss the post in more detail please contact Kirsty Wyatt SENCO
Completed applications submitted by 3.30pm Monday 18th July 2022 for the attention of Annie Mitchell, Head Teacher.
Our school is committed to the safeguarding of children and all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check before commencing work. The right to work in the UK and certificates of all relevant qualifications will be requested at the interview stage. References will be requested prior to interview stage.