Level 1 Supply Teaching Assistant required
Grade 3, SCP 3 - £9.36 per hour
We are recruiting for the role of Casual Teaching Assistants Level 1. This position is on a casual basis (as and when required by the school) contract as part of our supply staff team.
This role would require the successful candidate to be able to work across all of Ganton’s settings. The candidate will be expected to support students on all parts of the curriculum, including the classroom, college and in the workplace setting.
We are looking people who will:
- Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all pupils in learning activities designed to ensure progress is made at every level.
- Deliver learning activities to pupils within agreed system of supervision, adjusting activities according to pupil responses/needs.
- Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals, in liaison with the teacher, to support achievement and progress of pupils.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to develop skills and knowledge within this progressive and ambitious programme.
- The opportunity to develop your professional career and gain relevant experience and training.
Closing Date: 20.12.19 at 3pm
Interviews: To be arranged by request.
Safeguarding our children:
We take very seriously our responsibility to safeguard children. This school operates a rigorous and robust recruitment process that gathers evidence about candidates’ suitability to work with children as well as their suitability for the post and has proactive safeguarding procedures in place that address inappropriate behaviour.
A candidate’s suitability to work with children will be explored at all stages in our recruitment process and any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS clearance.
Ganton School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.