Level 1 Teaching Assistant
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Hours per Week: 32.5
Kerr Mackie is a large primary school in the Roundhay area of Leeds. The school is multi cultural with pupils from a wide range of backgrounds. Our creative curriculum and teaching approaches together with the vibrant learning environments enthuse, engage and motivate our children.
We are seeking to appoint a Level 1 Teaching Assistant, to cover a maternity leave and to work with children within KS2. Experience in supporting children with personal, social, emotional and behavioural needs is desirable. The post will involve supporting the class teacher with both group work and 1-1 work. A daily lunchtime duty will be required in line with all support staff.
The successful candidate will:
• Be committed to the provision of high quality support for learniing within whole class teaching and through small group or 1-1 intervention.
• Have high expectations of themselves and the children.
• Be a confident and successful team player.
• Be able to form excellent relationships with children, staff and families.
• Have a sense of fun, enthusiasm, initiative and drive.
In return we will offer:
• A supportive staff team who are committed to ensuring that every child reaches their potential
• A vibrant and welcoming environment.
• Enthusiastic and well behaved children.
• Professional development opportunities.
How to apply:
Prospective candidates are encouraged to make an appointment to come and look around our lovely school. Please contact the school to arrange a visit (see how to apply)
If you would like further information about our school, or for an application pack please visit our website.
Closing date is 10am on Thursday 20th June 2019
Short Listing: Friday 21st June 2019
If selected for interview: Friday 28th June 2019
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Kerr Mackie Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.