Whitegate Primary & Nursery School | Level 1 Teaching Assistant (2 roles available)
Hours of work are 37.00 per week.
Temporary Level 1 Teaching Assistant. Salary paid within Grade C Scale Points 4-5 (£18,426 – £18, 795 FTE, salary will be pro-rated according to term time only equated weeks and part-time hours of 27.50 per week. Actual salary will be a minimum of £11,728 per annum).
Temporary contract x 2 to support a named child on a one to one basis and likely duration is for a 12 month period of time ending 31st August 2020.
Whitegate is a caring, supportive school with a strong ethos and set of values. We have a strong commitment to improving outcomes for all our children. We warmly welcome applications from motivated, nurturing individuals to join our dedicated and highly effective staff team from 30th August 2019. The post will provide one to one support for a named child with Special Educational Needs, behaviour issues and a medical condition.
We are looking for candidates who: –
- have the patience to provide 1 to 1 support to children with complex needs;
- are creative in their approach to learning and delivering the curriculum;
- has high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards;
- can work well as part of a team
- are literate and numerate;
- are enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting;
- are self-motivated and forward thinking individuals
In return we offer: –
- a strong commitment to your professional development
- a school that is part of a well-established, successful Trust.
- Excellent support
- Friendly, polite, well-behaved children who deserve the very best
- Supportive, hard-working colleagues and Governors who care passionately about our school and the local community
If you would like to apply, please complete an application form and write a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience match those required in the job description and person specification.
Deadline for applications: Friday 19th July 2019 at 12.00 noon.
Interview date: To be confirmed.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Whitegate Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced CRB disclosure will be sought.