Level 1 Teaching Assistant
Required from 4 January 2021
Fixed term linked to funding
Full time,term time only
Grade C points 4-5 (£18,933-19312 FTE)
Actual salary £16,212-£16,537
Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School is seeking to appoint a Level 1 Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with a Year 4 child and support the class teacher with teaching and learning in the classroom and contribute to the management of pupil behaviour by encouraging positive behaviour in the classroom.
Rosslyn Park is a very large primary school with over 700 pupils. The school has changed significantly over the last four years as it has undergone a period of rapid improvement. As outlined in our Ofsted inspection (November 2017): ‘Leaders have also placed a strong emphasis on coaching, staff training and professional development. Teachers and support staff speak effusively about the quality and quantity of training they receive. As a result, staff are deeply reflective about their own practice and teaching across the school is consistently good.‘ The children are at the centre of everything that we do and we have a relentless focus upon pupil progress ensuring that our children receive the best possible teaching and learning.
Rosslyn Park is a fantastic place to work. Please have a look at the Teach Nottingham (Nottingham Education Improvement Board) video on YouTube. It features staff and children at our school and reflects what a great place Rosslyn Park is to teach.
We warmly welcome applications from motivated, nurturing individuals to join our dedicated and highly effective team from Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School. The role will include supporting pupils’ with additional learning needs and the post will provide one to one support for a named child with Special Educational Needs/ behaviour issues / a medical condition.
• have the patience to provide 1 to 1 support to children with complex needs;
• be creative in your approach to learning and delivering the curriculum;
• have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards;
• work well as part of a team
• be literate and numerate;
• be enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting;
• have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven
towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Due to current Covid restrictions we are unable to welcome you to visit our school but we would encourage you to give us a call to discuss the post and find out more about our school
How to apply
To obtain an application form, any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Andy Mullahy at Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School, Amesbury Circus, Nottingham, NG8 6DD
Closing date is Friday 27 November 2020 at 12pm Interview date is Thursday 10 December 2020
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.