Level 1 Teaching Assistant
Required from 4th January 2021
Full time 37 hours term time only
Fixed term until 27th July 2020
Grade C points 4-5 (£18933-19,312 FTE)(pro-rota)
Actual Salary £16,212-£16,537 per annum
Highbank Primary and School is seeking to appoint a Level 1 Teaching Assistant to support the nursery/EYFS with teaching and learning in the classroom and contribute to the management of pupil behaviour by encouraging positive behaviour in the classroom
We warmly welcome applications from motivated, nurturing individuals to join our dedicated and highly effective team from 4th January 2021
- be creative in your approach to learning and delivering the curriculum;
- have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards;
- work well as part of a team
- be literate and numerate;
- be enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting;
- have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
- A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
- Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
- Calm and purposeful learning environments
- Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
- Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged via the school office. Please contact Dawn Lyons in the school office
How to apply
Please download an application form. Any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Dawn Lyons at Highbank Primary and Nursery School, Winscombe Mount, Clifton, Nottingham, NG11 9FP
Closing date for applications : Wednesday 2nd December @ noon
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
Highbank Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is therefore subject to a successful enhanced DBS check.