Level 1 Teaching Assistant
Required from September 2021
Full time 37 hours per week
Term time only
Fixed term until August 2023
Salary Grade C point 4-5 (£18,933-£19,312 FTE)
£ 16212-£16537 Actual Salary per annum
South Wilford Endowed Church of England Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hard-working Level 1 Teaching Assistant to support a child with SEN on a 1:1 basis. The role will involve assisting the class teacher in the planning of work programmes for the child, delivering educational activities and contributing to behaviour management by encouraging a positive attitude in the classroom.
This is a fixed term position dependent on the continuation of funding for the post.
We are a well-established and inclusive school with high ambition for all children and adults. We have a new, rich and diverse curriculum which develops the whole child including life skills and emotional well-being, alongside academic progress. We have amazing, expansive school grounds which offer extensive opportunities for outdoor learning including Forest Schools, a farm and a developing woodland area.
We have a naturally supportive staff team who are passionate about making a difference to the lives of children and who thrive on challenging themselves and others to keep improving.
We warmly welcome applications from motivated, nurturing individuals to join our dedicated and highly effective team from September 2021. The post will provide one to one support for a named child with Special Educational Needs.
• have the patience to provide 1 to 1 support to children with complex needs;
• be creative in your approach to learning and delivering the curriculum;
• have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards;
• work well as part of a team
• be literate and numerate;
• be enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting;
• have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school office.
How to apply
Please complete the electronic application form on Transform Trust website
Any questions or queries should be directed to Heather Stannard at South Wilford Endowed Church of England Primary School, Main Road, Wilford, Nottingham, NG11 7AL
Closing date for applications : 30th June at 9am
Interviews week beginning 5th July
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are strategic partners in Inspiring Leaders, Flying High Teaching School Hub, East Midlands Maths Hub and with Derby Research School.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Applied, Transform’s unique and high regarded CPD service
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film
All school roles are classed as regulated activity and as such, it is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children
Transform Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, Enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education.