Level 1 Teaching Assistant
Required from 1 December 2021
Part time 33.50 hours per week
Term time only
Permanent- One to One with a named child
Salary Grade C point 4-5 (£18,933-£19,312 FTE)
£14,679 - £14,973 Actual Salary per annum
Whitegate Primary and Nursery School is seeking to appoint a Level 1 Teaching Assistant to support the class teacher with teaching and learning in the classroom and contribute to the management of pupil behaviour by encouraging positive behaviour in the classroom
This role will be to working one to one with a child and the role will be linked to a child
We warmly welcome applications from motivated, nurturing individuals to join our dedicated and highly effective team . The role will include supporting pupils’ with additional learning needs.
- have the patience to provide 1 to 1 support to children with complex needs
- be creative in your approach to learning and delivering the curriculum;
- have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards;
- work well as part of a team
- be literate and numerate;
- be enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting;
- have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
- A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
- Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
- Calm and purposeful learning environments
- Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
- Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
- Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school office
How to apply
Please complete the online application form which you will find on the Transform Trust website
Any questions or queries should be directed to Alison Davidson at Whitegate Primary and Nursery School, Middlefell way, Clifton. Nottingham
Closing date for applications : Monday 1st November 2021 at 12 noon
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are strategic partners in Inspiring Leaders, Flying High Teaching School Hub, East Midlands Maths Hub and with Derby Research School.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Applied, Transform’s unique and high regarded CPD service
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film on our website
All school roles are classed as regulated activity and as such, it is an offence to apply to for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children
Transform Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, Enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training.
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education.