Maternity Cover 21 January 2019 to 28 June 2019.
If you have ambition for yourself and for John Ruskin College, its learners, staff and the local community than please apply.
1. To teach allocated classes.
2. To act as group tutor as required.
3. To prepare, deliver and assess students learning to the required high standards and expectations of the College.
4. To market and promote courses and programmes to a range of stakeholders.
5. To report on learners progress to parents and other stakeholders.
1. Preparation and delivery of lessons and courses; assessment, recording and reporting on assessments of students.
2. Acting as group and personal tutor; delivery of tutorial programme; guidance to members of tutor group; supporting and participating in curriculum development; accurate maintenance of registers; preparation of tutor reports.
3. Working as part of a team to quality assure qualification delivery and develop Schemes of Work and associated resources.
4. Consultation and reporting with parents and colleagues as needed.
5. Attendance at staff, department, team meetings and parents’ consultation meetings.
6. Participation in examination arrangements including invigilation.
7. Participation in learner admissions, learner trips and visits, enrichment and guidance of learners.
8. Participation in marketing and promotional events.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS SUBJECT TO NEGOTIATION WITH THE POSTHOLDER, AND TO ANNUAL REVIEW
Equal Opportunities We recognise and encourage the potential of a diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from people from black and ethnic minority communities.