Our brand-new school opened in September 2019 to 90 Reception and Year 1 children; each year we will grow by 2 classes until we reach our capacity of 420 children.
At Charlton Wood Primary Academy, we want our children to achieve the very highest outcomes, in particular we have a relentless focus on reading writing and maths. Our approach to teaching and learning across the curriculum is based around teaching for mastery through explicit instruction because we believe that every child can be successful when given the right amount of time and high-quality instruction.
We currently have a vacancy for a L2 Teaching Assistant which will be funded through the government catch-up funding. The purpose of this role is to work with identified pupils both in-class and in structured intervention programmes to enable these pupils to catch-up in identified areas.
This is a really exciting opportunity for an experienced LSA who is looking to further develop their skills and positively impact practice in a new setting.
Experience of leading reading CLL interventions would be an advantage as this is be a key focus of our school catch-up plan.
We are looking for someone who:
- has previous experience working as an LSA/ Teaching Partner
- has a proven track record of leading groups/ classes and delivering focussed interventions, particularly in reading CLL, to deliver outstanding outcomes
- has knowledge and experience of working in KS1
- is able to use a wide range of teaching strategies to inspire children so that they are highly engaged in their learning
- has excellent behaviour management skills
- has excellent subject knowledge, especially in English and maths
- is proactive in their approach to professional development and is willing to act quickly on feedback
We can offer the right candidates:
- a brand-new fully resourced building with beautiful grounds
- a supportive leadership team with a proven track record of whole school improvement
- a bespoke training plan to enable you to progress in your career including weekly CPD
- extremely supportive parents who are keen for their children to do well
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme
Hours of work are 08:30am-3:30pm term-time only plus INSET days.
Conversations with the Head Teacher are warmly welcomed prior to application. If you would like to find out more information about the school or the role, please contact the Head Teacher by telephoning the school office. Further information about the school can also be found on our school website.
Information about Endeavour Academy Trust
Endeavour is a forward looking Multi Academy Trust. We currently have four very popular schools, Henbury Court Primary Academy, Little Mead Primary Academy, Fonthill Primary Academy in North Bristol and Charlton Wood Primary Academy in South Gloucestershire. Endeavour Academy Trust is an inclusive and collaborative group of schools with ambition for every child, and where every child can achieve the highest possible standard.
Endeavour teachers and LSAs receive strong professional support with opportunities to develop across the trust. Our focus on collaboration means that everyone is part of a team. Within Endeavour, we develop our own leaders. If you are ambitious and prepared to work hard, we will support your career development and help you to be successful.
Closing date: Friday 6th November 10:00am
Interviews: Week beginning 9th November 2020
Charlton Wood Primary Academy is
part of the Endeavour Academy Trust, which is committed to safeguarding and
promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and
expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You can find our
Child Protection Policy on the trust's website: http://www.endeavouracademytrust.org.uk
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity,
gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.