Level 2 Learning Support Assistant and Positive Behaviour Trainer (Team Teach)
Salary Scale: C1
Pay point Level: 12 - 17
Actual Salary Gross: £19,037.45 - £21,018.18
Hours: 37 hours per week Term Time only + 5 additional training days
Contract: Temporary 12 months with a view to being made permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: Wednesday 31st August 2022
Closing Date: Monday 18th October 2021 @ 12.00 noon
Interview: Friday 22nd October 2021
Please be aware we do not accept applications direct from agencies
The Governors of this caring and successful school want to appoint a Level 2 LSA position to work with our pupils across all three sites.
We are looking for an experienced LSA who wants to make a real difference to the lives of our pupils to inspire a desire for learning, to maintain our high standards and make a significant impact on the life chances of our pupils.
The successful candidates will excel in meeting the diverse needs of our pupils. You will be supported within your class by a class teacher, HLTA and by a Middle and Senior Leadership Team who have a secure understanding of the rewards and challenges of teaching in our school. Our staff are passionate about developing the learning and life chances and opportunities of our pupils and young people.
We are particularly interested in applications from candidates who have experience in Team Teach or similar positive behaviour strategies and have an appropriate trainer qualification; this is not essential however, and successful candidates will be expected to attend a 5 day residential trainer course.
Broomfield South SILC is a generic all age, special school maintained by Leeds City Council. Our pupils and young people (2-19) have a wide range of learning difficulties, including Autistic Spectrum Condition.
We offer an inclusive setting operating on the main Broomfield site and two mainstream partnership sites:
• Windmill Primary School
• Rodillian Academy
This enables us to meet a wide variety of pupils’ needs and provide support and advice to the community.
Staff can be expected to work on any of the three sites if required
The successful candidates will have;
• Experience and skills of working with pupils with a wide range of Special Educational Need and strategies to ensure learning is engaging and inclusive
• High expectations, commitment and enthusiasm for both the personal and educational development of all pupils
• Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
• An ability to work collaboratively with parents, carers, multi- professionals and outside agencies
• The ability to work effectively within a team
• A passion for education and willingness to support staff in enabling all our pupils to reach their potential
• A commitment to making contributions to the life of the school
• A commitment to the provision of a high quality education for all
In addition the following personal qualities;
• Positive and creative attitude
• Enthusiasm and the ability to motivate and inspire others
• Able to use initiative
• Willingness to reflect and share effective practice with others
In return we can offer:
• Amazing pupils who love coming to school and are encouraged to learn the skills they will need for life outside of school.
• The support of our strong, caring and committed staff team
• A comprehensive CPD programme with a commitment to developing your skills and career progression
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of sex, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age, or disability.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
The Broomfield main site and our partnership sites have disabled access facilities, including a lift.
For further details, recruitment pack and to arrange a school visit please contact Rhona Mackintosh or visit our website. (see attached Advert for full details)
Please note that Broomfield South SILC operates No Smoking policy
Broomfield South SILC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.