Nursery Assistant Level 2
Merstham Primary, a village community school is looking for an experienced Nursery Assistant.
Are you an enthusiastic and experienced Nursery Assistant?
An exciting opportunity at this small village school to work with our youngest pupils and a supportive team.
We require a team player to join our nursery team on a fixed term basis working for the remainder of this academic year. There may be opportunity to extend the hours and the contract.
We are looking to appoint a committed and caring Nursery Assistant to play a key role in supporting the Nursery Lead in the teaching and welfare of the children’s development. This role is initially a part time fixed term contract but with potential to extend in the future.
About Merstham Primary
At Merstham Primary School, we want children to be confident lifelong learners. We set high expectations academically and socially and provide a nurturing environment to develop a caring attitude.
Therefore, we want our school to be a place where:
- everyone feels safe, cared for and included;
- all children are given the skills and opportunities to be independent and collaborative learners in a happy, structured, stimulating environment;
- expectations are high, both collectively and individually;
- all children are equipped with the knowledge and skills to choose a healthy, active lifestyle;
- teachers provide school days that excite, challenge and motivate each child;
- our 6 rules are simple, fair, understood and consistent;
- everyone is valued and respected regardless of gender, race, age, religion or ability;
- goals and targets are clearly defined and explained and achievements are celebrated;
- we prepare all our children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life and equip them to achieve the highest standards possible in everything they do.
What we are looking for
- Be passionate about the education and support for children.
- Be able to develop positive relationships with young children.
- Be flexible with regard to the needs of the children and the school.
- Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Be a confident and clear communicator with parents.
- Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting.
- Have experience of working in a nursery setting.
Why work at Merstham Primary School
- An exciting opportunity to join a school at the heart of the local community
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing academy school and trust.
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service.
- A friendly and supportive team
Salary: FTE £17,900
Pro Rata: £10,419
Hours of work: 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing date for applications - 9th October 2020
Interview date – W/C 12th October 2020
We would normally positively encourage informal visits, however, due to Covid-19 restrictions we are limiting the number of external visitors to school. We welcome any informal enquiries and you can contact the school directly.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.