We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, proactive and well-motivated person for the position of Premises Officer.
The successful candidate will be ready to take on any task that can arise in a busy primary school. This role will take responsibility for the supervision and provision of high quality maintenance, security and cleanliness of the school buildings and grounds and take pride in the school site. This is a key role that would suit someone with excellent DIY skills.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Have an approachable and confident manner allowing communication with a wide variety of people including our pupils
- Be a nominated key holder and be the second point of contact in an emergency
- Close the buildings on a daily basis and for evening meetings and lettings
- Be available to attend call outs for alarms and emergencies
- Have a background in or experience of building management/maintenance
- Have an understanding and application of the requirements and legal obligations regarding Health & Safety across the site
- Have responsibility for liaising with and monitoring contractors
- Ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained at all times, by line managing and motivating a small team of cleaners, and also undertaking some cleaning duties
- Be able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Have experience in site maintenance, people management and IT skills
In Return We Will Offer:
- Working alongside an experienced Premises Officer
- Training in all areas linked to the role
- A supportive and friendly staff team
- A team committed to supporting professional development
Hours : 25 hours per week term time only (plus 5 days extra = 39 Weeks)
12.30pm – 6.00pm Monday to Friday
No holiday can be taken during school term time. Some cover may be required during school holidays.
Salary: Grade 4 point 7 - 10 £20,092 - £21,748 (pro rata £13,354 - £14,455)
The school has occasional lettings and after school activities which will need to be covered which will attract additional overtime payments
Visits to the school are highly recommended (subject to COVID precautions), please contact the school office to make an appointment
This post is subject to a six month probationary period
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.