Hours: 31.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday 7.30am-2.30pm, term time and INSETs.
Actual salary: £14,166 - £14,703 (NJC4-5; BG5)
Place of work: Initially based at Little Mead Primary Academy. However, all appointments are made to the Trust centrally.
Application closing date: 5th June 2022
Application shortlisting: Week commencing 6th June 2022
Interviews: 9th/10th June 2022
Start date: As soon as possible
The Successful Candidate
Little Mead Primary Academy is looking to appoint a Level 2 Teaching Assistant. It is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring teaching assistant to join our warm, welcoming and happy school. We have a dedicated and skillful staff who thrive on making a difference for our amazing children.
The successful candidate will provide in class support directed by the class teacher, with an earlier start to help in the school’s breakfast club. Continuity in transition between breakfast club and the school day is essential for pupils from Reception to Y6.
We are looking for someone who has:
- High expectations of all children and themselves
- A commitment to improving outcomes for children
- A positive attitude and a flexible and enthusiastic approach to their work
We can offer the right candidates:
- The opportunity to be part of a lovely team
- Competitive rates of pay and pension scheme
- Free access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunities for career development within the Trust
- Subsidised entry to breakfast club if you have children at the school
Information about Endeavour Academy Trust
Endeavour Academy Trust is an inclusive and collaborative group of primary schools in North Bristol. There are currently four Endeavour schools: Henbury Court, Little Mead, Charlton Wood and Fonthill. All schools are geographically close and staff work together across the Trust to improve outcomes for all children in our family of schools. This is an exciting time to work for Endeavour Academy Trust. We have committed to measured and sustainable growth, which will enable us to create a group of excellent schools with ambition for every child.
Our Offer to Staff
We invest heavily in the tailored professional development of our staff with opportunities to develop expertise and experience across the Trust. Our focus on collaboration means that everyone is part of a team. Within Endeavour, we develop our own teams. If you are ambitious and prepared to work hard, we will support your career development and help you to be successful.
As proof of our commitment to staff retention and development, we offer enhanced terms and conditions of employment (compared to standard teacher/local authority entitlements), a friendly working environment with supportive leadership, and encourage our staff to maintain a positive work-life balance.
As a minimum, we offer the following benefits to all employees:
- paid induction and training suited to the role;
- tailored career progression through a performance management cycle for all staffing groups;
- free tea, coffee and milk;
- confidential access to an Employee Assistance Programme;
- free parking;
- use of the Cycle Scheme;
- paid completion of a DBS check;
- flu vaccination vouchers;
- free eye tests (where the employee is desk-based);
- where eligible, automatic enrolment to the relevant pension scheme;
- honouring of continuous service earned in the Local Authority;
Guidance for Applicants
Please note that CVs will not be considered.
Look carefully at the job description and person specification before applying for this role. Ensure that you cross-reference the person specification throughout your application with examples of where you have fulfilled aspects of the job description and the impact it has.
Please complete all sections of the application form as thoroughly as possible.
Ensure that you put details of referees. If you have concerns about the suitability of a referee, please contact the recruiter directly.
Little Mead Primary Academy is part of the Endeavour Academy Trust, which is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You can find our Child Protection Policy on the trust's website:
We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.