Role: Teaching Assistant (Level 2)
Contract: Fixed Term
Start date: As soon as available
Salary: Grade 2, (Point 3- 4) (Pro Rata salary £14,362.04 - £14,615.19 based on 37.5hrs)
Avanti schools are Hindu-designated faith schools. However, staff at Krishna Avanti School will not need to be from any specific faith background; applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none. They will, however, be expected to be in full sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School.
The school has 420 children on role and has an inclusive ethos rooted in the teachings of Krishna Chaitanya but welcomes pupils and staff of all faiths and abilities.
This is a wonderful opportunity to help further develop an innovative school, which is shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
• Educational excellence
• Character formation
• Spiritual insight
We are looking for someone who:
• will show commitment to working to support and enhance the school's spiritual ethos;
• will enjoy, motivate and contribute to learning;
• is committed to supporting learning in the classroom;
• is resourceful, dynamic and is a good role model for children both in the classroom and at break (including lunchtimes).
• is flexible, enthusiastic and willing to share ideas;
• is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all young people.
We are able to offer:
• a strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight;
• enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children;
• a committed, motivated and collaborative staff team;
• an attractive working environment;
• supportive parents;
• great opportunities for professional development.
Closing Date: Sunday, 22 September 2019
Interviews: Week commencing Monday, 30 September 2019
As this role will involve contact with children we will take up at least two references before interview asking about your suitability to work with children. Any job offer will be conditional on you having a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Criminal Records Check and Barred List Check, having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary.