Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Required from 28 August 2020
Part time Monday 8.15am – 4.10pm
Thursday 10.30am – 3pm
Friday 8.15am – 3.45pm
Term time only
Fixed term for one year
Grade D points 6-11 (£19171-£21166 FTE)
Actual salary £8236 - £9088
William Booth Primary & Nursery School is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and hard-working Level 2 Teaching Assistant to support teaching and learning in the classroom to maximise the participation of our children. The role will include assisting the class teacher in the planning of work programmes for individuals and groups of children and delivering educational activities and prepared programmes of learning. This will involve being aware of pupils’ individual specific needs, using appropriate equipment and materials; differentiating and giving positive encouragement and feedback to ensure pupils are reaching their full potential. A good understanding of all primary and nursery year groups and SEND is desirable.
William Booth is an average sized, thriving 210 primary school with a 60 place Nursery, very close to the city centre. We have made the most of the site to provide our children with an appropriate and stimulating outdoor environment.
Visitors to the school always talk very enthusiastically about the quality of the learning environment and the highly tangible warm, inviting and positive ethos. “There is something special about the place the moment you step through the door. It is a haven for everyone in the middle of a very busy city”. We serve a varied catchment area and our children reflect a variety of social, cultural and academic backgrounds.
We warmly welcome applications from those who are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of children and thrives on challenging themselves and others to keep on improving. Our working relationships are positive, supportive and forward looking.
• be creative in your approach to learning and delivering the curriculum;
• possess and use appropriate skills to undertake those activities necessary to meet the physical, emotional and educational needs of individuals and groups of children, including those with special needs
• have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards;
• work well as part of a team
• be literate and numerate;
• be enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting;
• have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
How to apply
To obtain an application form, any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Mrs Rachel Lee (Business Manager) at William Booth School, Notintone Street, Sneinton, Nottingham NG2 4QF
Closing date for applications: 15th June @ 9am.
Interviews may be carried out remotely – depending on government advice.
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6500 children in 18 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training.
William Booth Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.