Ninelands Primary School is a large and popular two form entry school in Garforth, Leeds. The governing body are seeking to employ two excellent Level 2 Teaching Assistants who are able to work across all age groups. We are looking for two enthusiastic, warm and caring individuals who are able to develop supportive relationships with children for the purpose of improving educational outcomes, following individual and group structured intervention programmes. This post would suit candidates who are interested in progressing to Cover Supervisor and/or Higher Level Teaching Assistant in the future.
We are seeking individuals who:
• Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills, including GCSE (grade A-C) or equivalent in English and Maths
• Understand how children learn on an individual level to ensure progress
• Work effectively as part of a skilled team, having excellent communication skills
• Are able to work on own initiative
• Have enthusiasm and passion for the job
• Are committed to delivering the best possible education to all our pupils
• Have high aspirations for own career development
• Has a specialism or passion in SEND
We can offer you:
• motivated children who are curious and eager to explore
• a dedicated and professional staff team
• a well-resourced and attractive environment
• a strong commitment to continuous professional career development and equal opportunities
• a happy school with strong support from its stakeholders
Experience of working with primary aged children and a commitment to inclusion is essential. We are particularly interested to hear from candidates who have experience in working with children with special and educational needs and/or an autism spectrum disorder, although this is not essential. An NVQ Level 2 for Teaching Assistants (or equivalent) would also be an advantage.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:40 am to 3:40pm which includes lunchtime supervision and leading play for children over the lunchtime period.
Interested candidates are welcomed to contact Mrs Helen Manners-Vaughan, School Business Manager for further information on the post.
Ninelands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to a DBS enhanced check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the populations of Leeds.
Ninelands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.