Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Permanent Term Time Only
Granby is a village school in the heart of the city, providing a varied teaching opportunity for the right candidates, in a friendly, supportive and child-focused context. The children, staff and governors are looking to appoint an excellent Level 2 Teaching Assistant.
Granby has a fascinating history and is housed in a Victorian building, which opened in 1889. Whilst it is clearly of its time, we offer contemporary facilities and equipment to provide the best in current educational provision. With around 450 children on roll, and a staff of nearly 75 people, we are a thriving school at the centre of our local community.
The successful candidate will:
- nurture and cherish the children, promoting their safety well-being and learning
- be creative, enthusiastic and resourceful in supporting children’s learning
- have a strong commitment to inclusion with high expectations for all learners
- be an excellent practitioner with the ability to work with children and families
We can offer you:
- A 'village school' feeling at the heart of a thriving local community
- A diverse, inner city school with 13% EAL and 31 languages spoken
- A friendly, supportive team of staff and governors
- Parents who love the school and children who love learning
- A commitment to your ongoing professional development
If you have the relevant skills, qualities and expertise, we would love to hear from you.
Salary from £11,462 25 hours per week. 39 weeks per year.
Please send your completed application form for the attention of Sue Foreman via Eteach or post c/o Granby Primary School, Granby Road, Leicester, LE2 8LP. The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 28th May, 2021.
Successful applicants will be invited to interview week beginning 14th June 2021. This will take the form of supporting a small group learning task and a formal interview. Candidates will also be expected to pass a sample of KS2 SATs questions.
Granby Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require an enhanced DBS check, proof of your qualifications and references before any new post is taken up.