We are looking to appoint a dedicated and passionate level 2 teaching assistant (possible 1:1) who is caring, enthusiastic and dedicated to ensuring that all children realise their full potential in all areas of curriculum and school life. The post will be 39 weeks per year 8.10am - 3.10pm daily.
Wyvern Primary School is a large, multi-cultural primary school. We are a friendly, caring and inclusive primary school. We aim to offer a safe, stimulating environment which allows everyone to learn, achieve their fully potential and be constantly challenged. The pupils at Wyvern come from diverse backgrounds which is a strength of our school.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who:
• Has an excellent command of the English language including speaking and written skills.
• Puts children at the forefront and supports our inclusive, supportive ethos
• Can work as part of a team
• Can work under the direct instruction of teaching staff, both in the classroom and in small groups or on a 1:1 basis to support access to learning for pupils including those identified as having severe learning difficulties and those with challenging behaviour, in a range of different learning situations and settings and provide support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
• A safe, stimulating environment which allows everyone to learn, achieve their full potential and be constantly challenged.
• Well behaved pupils who are keen to learn.
• Supportive and enthusiastic staff, governors and parents.
Closing Date: 12.00pm Monday 24th May 2021
Interview date: Friday 28th May 2021. This will take the form of a small group learning task and a formal interview. Candidates will also be asked to complete a literacy and numeracy task.
We are committed to keeping children and young people safe from harm and abuse and to promoting their welfare, and we expect that everyone who comes to work for us will share the same commitment. Fulfilling this responsibility includes making sure that our recruitment process includes a range of measures to identify those who may be unsuitable to work with children and young people. In addition, all roles within the school/college are covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975, and are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and completion of a Childcare Disqualification Declaration. These posts may also be subject to further DBS re-checks at appropriate intervals.