The governors are seeking to employ a full-time, permanent Teaching Assistant Level 2 to join our dynamic and successful team at Ninelands Primary School. The post initially is to work 1-1 within our KS1 setting, delivering a personalised learning programme and supporting behaviour.
We are looking for an individual who is able to promote the learning and personal development of pupils, particularly those with Special Educational Needs, ensuring their safety and enabling them to make best use of the educational opportunities on offer. Candidates should state in their application form their experience and particular skills.
We are looking for someone who:
• has a professional, positive approach.
• can easily establish a rapport with children and interact with them according to their individual needs.
• can encourage and enthuse children to participate in all school activities to their best abilities so they can learn effectively.
• has strong literacy and numeracy skills.
• is able to deliver a speech and language programme.
• can work flexibly and is able to guide groups of pupils under the direction of the teacher but equally take the initiative to support individual children.
• has experience of working with pupils who display challenging behaviour and are confident in being able to support them with their social and emotional needs.
• is skilled in de-escalation but also confident to use positive handling techniques
• works effectively as part of a wider team to achieve excellence.
We can offer you a dedicated and professional staff team, committed to supporting staff new to school and a strong commitment to continuous professional career development and equal opportunities.
Ninelands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Interested candidates are welcomed to contact Mrs Helen Manners-Vaughan, School Business Manager for further information on the post
Closing date: 25th June
Interview date: 5th July
Ninelands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.