Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Required from September 2021
Full time 37 hours per week
Term time only + 5 Inset days
Salary Grade D point 6-11 (£19,698-£21,749 FTE)
Actual salary £16,868-£18,624.
Due to internal promotion and growing numbers, Zaytouna Primary School is seeking to appoint four suitably qualified, enthusiastic and hard-working Level 2 Teaching Assistants to support teaching and learning in the classroom to maximise the participation of our children. The role will include assisting the class teacher in the planning of work programmes for individuals and groups of children and delivering educational activities and prepared programmes of learning.
We want to recruit people who are passionate about making a difference to children and want to challenge themselves to keep on improving. Our working relationships are positive, supportive and forward looking.
On 1st September 2018 the school became part of Transform Multi Academy Trust. We believe a significant impact can be achieved for our school with the right vision, motivation and skill of a HLTA who has the passion for enabling children to achieve.
We are a warm and welcoming school that truly inspires all: children, parents and the wider community, by providing them with calm, reflective and safe environments in which they can be nurtured.
Our broad and balanced curriculum of intellectual, physical and spiritual education is all inspired and underpinned by the principles of the Islamic Faith and British Values so that children become positive contributors to any community in which they choose to live. We believe that children should have a positive emotional attachment to learning and be awed and inspired by the learning of Allah’s creation so that they become lifelong learners who see the whole world as their classroom.
Our school family celebrate diversity, where difference is respected. We prepare our children to live in a multi-cultural world where they value people of all faiths and none along with people of all walks of life and who challenge discrimination of any form.
We warmly welcome applications from those who are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of children and thrives on challenging themselves and others to keep on improving.
• be creative in your approach to learning and delivering the curriculum;
• possess and use appropriate skills to undertake those activities necessary to meet the physical, emotional and educational needs of individuals and groups of children, including those with special needs
• have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards;
• work well as part of a team
• be literate and numerate;
• be enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting;
• have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven
towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Any questions or queries should be directed to Joanne Robottom, Office Manager at Zaytouna Primary School
Closing date for applications: 9am Thursday 17th June 2021.
How to apply
Please complete an electronic application form through our Trust website
Interviews to be held w/c 21st June 2021.
You will be selected for interview entirely on the contents of your application form, so please read the Job Description and Person Specification carefully before you complete your form. Please ensure that your supporting statement provides concise and specific examples to demonstrate your achievements and skills addressing the specific criteria as set out. For those candidates who are invited to interview, this information will be explored further.
All school roles are classed as regulated activity and as such, it is an offence to apply to for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children
Transform Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, Enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training.
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education.