To commence as soon as possible.
The Governing Body seek to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic, committed teaching assistant to work alongside a dedicated and caring team of staff. The successful candidate will predominantly work alongside and support a child with academic, social and emotional needs. The successful candidate will need to:
- have an excellent understanding of child development and how children learn best,
- have an in-depth knowledge of additional learning needs,
- have patience and a wealth and breadth of success working with children,
- have an understanding of inclusion and demonstrate a range of behaviour strategies, and
- have excellent communication, record keeping and interpersonal skills.
Neath Port Talbot Council is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our schools are equally committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and young people and will take action to safeguard their wellbeing.
The recruitment process for this post will be underpinned by rigorous safer recruitment assessment to ensure that children and young people are protected.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Welsh: not essential
Alltwen Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.