Ninelands Primary School is a large and popular two form entry school in Garforth, Leeds. The governing body are seeking to employ an excellent Level 2 Teaching Assistant who is able to work across all age groups. We are looking for an enthusiastic, warm and caring individual who is able to develop supportive relationships with children for the purpose of improving educational outcomes, following individual and group structured intervention programmes. This post would suit candidates who are interested in progressing to Cover Supervisor and/or Higher Level Teaching Assistant in the future.
We are seeking an individual who:
• Has excellent literacy and numeracy skills, including GCSE (grade A-C) or equivalent in English and Maths
• Understands how children learn on an individual level to ensure progress
• Works effectively as part of a skilled team, having excellent communication skills
• Is able to work on their own initiative
• Has enthusiasm and passion for the job
• Is committed to delivering the best possible education to all our pupils
• Has high aspirations for own career development
We can offer you:
• motivated children who are curious and eager to explore
• a dedicated and professional staff team
• a well-resourced and attractive environment
• a strong commitment to continuous professional career development and equal opportunities
• a happy school with strong support from its stakeholders
Experience of working with a primary children and a commitment to inclusion is essential. We are particularly interested to hear from candidates who have experience in working with a range of ages, from EYFS to KS2, and who enjoy variety in their work. An NVQ Level 2 for Teaching Assistants (or equivalent) would also be an advantage.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:40 am to 3:40pm which includes lunchtime supervision and leading play for children over the lunchtime period.
Interested candidates are welcomed to contact Mrs Helen Manners-Vaughan, School Business Leader for further information.
Appointments made are subject to a DBS enhanced check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the populations of Leeds.
Closing date: 18th July
Interview date: 21st July
Ninelands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.