Level 2 Teaching Assistant (26.25 Hours Per Week)
Employer: St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust
Location: St Paul’s Catholic School, Evington, Leicester
Grade: Band 2 Point 3-5
Salary: £11,505-£11,970 Actual Salary (FTE £18,887 to £19,650 per annum)
Contract Type: Part time 26.25 Hours (Monday to Friday to 8.30 to 2.15 or 9.30 to 3.15)
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 22 August 2022 9.00am
Interview Date: To Be Confirmed
St Paul’s is seeking to appoint a level 2 Teaching Assistant in August 2022. The successful candidate will enjoy the support and collaboration of a very supportive well established team.
St Paul’s is a thriving and successful 11-18 Catholic School, with 1140 students from a variety of backgrounds and faiths. It was judged good at its last inspection with Sixth form being outstanding. St Paul’s is ambitious for its students and staff and the school has continued to improve in all areas since the 2018 inspection. Ofsted described the school as “inclusive and caring” and students as “polite, caring and helpful.”
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Support for Pupils
- To establish rapport and respectful, trusting relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- To supervise and provide particular support for students, including those with special needs, ensuring their access to learning resources.
- To ensure pupils’ safety and welfare and provide pastoral support where required.
- To promote inclusion and acceptance of all students in the classroom by encouraging then to interact with each other and to engage in activities led by the teacher
- To support the implementation of Intervention work, Behaviour Plans, Personal Care Programmes, Curriculum Planning and Assessment
- To promote self-esteem and independence amongst students
- To provide feedback to students on their progress and achievement under the guidance of a teacher, in line with school policy. Evaluate learning and provide feedback to the teacher/parent/Sendco/agency as needed.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- The opportunity to be part of a warm inclusive community
- A respectful and ethical working environment with a supportive culture
- A belief and commitment to work life balance for all staff
- Membership of the Medicash health care scheme
- Employer pension contributions of over 20%
- Nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay
- Access to our Electric Car Scheme
To apply for this post please complete the application via the Trust Vacancies by the closing date of 9.00am 22nd August 2022.
The interview process will include opportunities to see the school, but should you wish to visit prior to application please contact Helen Oliver, PA to the Principal
St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested, prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK. We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
The Trust will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.
The St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested, prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.