Catherine Infant School are looking to recruit a Level 2 Teaching Assistant, class based in KS1, initially for one year.
Start date: August 23rd 2021
Hours: 8.30am - 3.30pm Monday - Friday term time only
This is an exciting opportunity for a keen and enthusiastic teaching assistant to join our current Key Stage 1 team of 4 Year 1 and 4 Year 2 classes.
- Experience of Read Write Inc (RWI)
- Ability to deliver Better Reading and Writing Partners (BRWP)
- May be required to undertake lunchtime supervision duties
The successful candidate must:
- Have a minimum of GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
- Have excellent behaviour management skills
- Show energy, motivation and flexibility
- Have a good command of the English language
- Show good initiative and be a team player
- Have a strong passion for helping our children to progress in their education and achieve their potential
- Have experience as a teaching assistant in partnership with a class teacher
- Be flexible and adaptable to the teacher and class needs
- A willingness to learn and apply new skills
What Ofsted say:
“This is an exceptional school, where pupils are keen to learn.”
“ Pupils told us that they ‘work hard and think carefully’. Teachers plan interesting activities. Pupils are rightly proud of their work. The standard of pupils’ work in books is impressive.”
“Everyone expects pupils to behave well. Pupils respond eagerly; their behaviour is excellent.”
“Parents and carers are supportive of the school. They say that their children are ‘happy and excited to come to school every day’.
“Leaders and governors provide high quality staff training. Staff spoke warmly about how well leaders consider their wellbeing and workload. They said, ‘Leaders are constantly asking us what they can do to support us.’ Morale is high, and staff are proud of the difference that they make.”
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged – we will ensure social distancing is strictly adhered to. Please contact the school office to arrange.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.