Level 2 Teaching Assistant (TA)
Contract: 30hrs pw Term Time Only Permanent Post
Salary: Grade (F) Scale Points Range 7 – 10 Salary FTE: £20,092 - £21,748 A pro-rata salary will apply
Start date: 5 January 2021 or asap thereafter
Closing date: Thursday 3 December 2020 10am
We are an improving small school with staff team who are both enthusiastic and committed to our children and families. Our children are happy in school, as stated in our last Ofsted, and strong leadership is guiding our team on their journey to securing a good education in all areas of school life. Nursery Hill Primary school is currently working in partnership with the Cromwell Learning Community Multi-Academy Trust on their school improvement journey. Nursery Hill Primary School is part of Warwickshire County Council.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Level 2 Teaching Assistant to join our team to facilitate the learning of all our pupils.
You will hold an NVQ Level 2 qualification working towards NVQ Level 3; have good communication skills and excellent literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent, Grade C or above) plus good ICT skills. You will need to have experience of working across the age ranges, as well as a desire to support pupils to reach their full potential through one-to-one work, group work and whole class support under a teachers’ direction.
What you will need to succeed:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Committed to supporting pupils, including SEND
- Effective communicator, both orally and in writing
- Effective ICT skills
- Ability to motivate and to support pupils learning
- Support for extra-curricular activities
Additional skills and experience:
- Paediatric First Aid experience / willingness to undertake training
- An understanding of safeguarding
We can offer you:
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
- Good support from senior leaders within the school and supporting trust
- Regular CPD
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
Our school mission is ‘for everyone to flourish and exceed expectation in an inspiring environment where unique, confident children will sparkle. We are on top of the hill and reaching for the stars.’
We want to employ teachers and assistants who are great team members and are keen to seek CPD, be happy to grasp exciting opportunities and contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our school.
How to apply
Application forms are available on Eteach. Please download and email your completed application via the 'Apply Now' button or post to the school address: Nursery Hill Primary School Ansley Common, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0PY. Please clearly mark your envelope:
‘Confidential for the attention of Jennie Clarke Head of School’.
The closing date is 10am on 3 Thursday December 2020, late applications will not be considered. Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.