Glenbrook Primary School
Level 2 teaching assistant with autism experience
NJC 6-11, (£16591-£18318 actual pay)
Start January 2021
Temporary Contract until December 2021 but with the possibility of the position becoming permanent.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an inspiring practitioner driven to ensure all children can succeed and remove barriers;
- Has a passion for inclusion and supporting all pupils to participate in learning activities;
- Has experience of working with children with Autism and identifying their needs;
- Is interested in using research/evidence-based interventions to support our pupils with ASD;
- Works as part of a team and is an effective communicator with staff, parents and children.
Glenbrook Primary School is ….THE
- P Pushing Potential
- L Love of Learning
A Awesome Attitudes
- C Collective Community
- E Exceeding Expectation
WHERE CHALLENGE IS EMBRACED.
We can offer you:
A GOOD school (OFSTED February 2017) going for Gold.
- A collaborative ethos, working with other schools and colleagues to develop day to day practice
- A high quality CPD programme tailored to your development needs
- A hardworking, outward looking team who support each other and approach every day with a smile
- A chance to be part of something really special …
Spencer Academies Trust is an educational charity and academy sponsor, which is committed to ensuring that every child, regardless of background, has access to an outstanding education and real choices in life. We have a successful track record of providing high quality teaching and learning which ensures improved outcomes for children and young people. The Trust mission statement reflects our vision and aim for all Trust schools. Our highly-successful network of 20 schools (8 Secondary and 12 Primary) educates students across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Nottingham City, Derby City and Leicestershire:
Spencer Academies Trust is an exceptional Trust, which provides an outstanding education for local children. Our Trust is a model of national excellence. We work collaboratively to achieve the best possible outcomes for all young people, in an environment where partnership is valued and success is celebrated. Our education delivers real life experiences for students, promotes independent enquiry and stimulates intellectual curiosity; whilst developing a strong sense of individual responsibility and a personal belief and confidence. All of our students fulfil their potential and make unparalleled progress. They are fully prepared for the next phase of their education and have unrivalled opportunities to become future leaders.
- All children have a right to a quality education regardless of background or ability, and have an entitlement to the opportunity of a secure progression route in their learning and development.
- Schools are stronger when they work in collaboration with each other, operate within a ‘family’ and are open to a true sense of partnership.
- We grow the effectiveness and sustainability of our schools by developing the people within them, and that through shared and equitable responsibility for quality and outcomes; we achieve more.
- Applicants would be expected to share the Trust’s high aspirations and expectations for pupils and staff and have demonstrable evidence of driving teaching and learning outcomes.
If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please contact the school office.
Applications for this post must be submitted on our online application form, which can be found on our website.
In line with safer recruitment policies references will be called for prior to interview.
Closing date for applications Friday 4th December 2020 at noon.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 10th December 2020.
Spencer Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to enhanced DBS with children’s barred list checks and completion of Level 2 safeguarding training.
Our school follows the Safeguarding Children in Education procedures and so identity checks, enhanced DBS clearance and proof of qualifications will be sought