The Governing Body of Glanhowy Primary School is seeking to appoint two Level 2 Teaching Assistants. These posts will be reviewed in March 2023.
We are looking for enthusiastic, highly motivated, and committed Teaching Assistants who can support our children to achieve their full potential.
This is an exciting time for education in Wales. We are embedding our curriculum design and therefore looking for an inspirational team player who can contribute and shape our pupil’s learning journey.
We require a positive role model who understands that excellent relationships are at the heart of developing positive behaviour, someone who uses positive behaviour management techniques and strategies that are consistent with the school’s values and ethos. We are passionate about professional learning and are committed to offering an abundance of opportunities.
Successful candidates are expected to:
● Be passionate about making a difference to the lives of the children at Glanhowy.
● Be a positive and effective member of a hardworking team.
● Support curriculum design.
● Be willing to work with all children in the primary range – Nursery to Year 6.
● Support the improvement of standards for learners in all aspects of school life.
● Demonstrate a good knowledge of Curriculum in Wales.
● Demonstrate effective professional, interpersonal and organisational skills.
● Be empathetic and supportive of vulnerable learners.
● Be committed to the use of the Welsh language and the bilingual agenda in Wales.
● Have a good understanding of ALN transformation.
● Show passion for their continued professional development to be a lifelong learner and role model.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process.
The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Please submit application form and a letter of application no more than two sides of A4 to: Rebecca Fowler - Headteacher (see att advert)
Closing Date: Friday 8th July 2022 12pm midday
Shortlisting date: 8th July 2022
Interview Date: 12th July 2022
Glanhowy Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.