We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Early Years Learning Assistant (Level 3 Qualified) to play a key role in supporting with the teaching and welfare of the children’s development.
We can offer:
- A commitment to providing children with high quality learning opportunities
- Friendly and supportive staff team
- Staff benefits through the GLF Trust
- A great environment to work in
- Regular on-the-job training and development opportunities
- The opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools
- Supportive and approachable senior management team.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Assist in preparing the classroom-learning environment
- Lead and support activities, indoors and outdoors to meet the specific needs of children
- Assist in monitoring children's progress, assessing achievement and recording results and observations, sharing outcomes
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team, including working closely with outside agencies
- Relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve
At Pine Ridge Infant, relationships between staff and pupils are excellent, characterised by mutual respect and high expectations of everyone in our community. The School offers a vibrant, broad and balanced curriculum and we work hard to meet the needs of all our pupils. This positive culture permeates all aspects of school life and the promotion of learning, through the full range of teaching approaches, takes account of the needs of all learners.
Through our partnership with GLF, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources and practice across a range of schools. The school is an exceptional learning environment with a real community spirit. It provides children with a high degree of challenge combined with personalised support. Our core purpose each day is to facilitate engagement in, and for, learning and discovery. Our staff share a commitment to delivering exciting and engaging lessons and to a relentless drive towards raising the attainment of all pupils, regardless of their different starting points. Pine Ridge Infant is graded as a ‘GOOD’ school in all areas by Ofsted (2019).
Salary - £6,357 pro-rata of £17,322 (Grade 3/4 of the support staff pay scale).
Your working pattern will be Monday-Friday 12-3pm for 39 weeks a year and you will need to attend the Early Years staff meeting for an hour after school each fortnight
This position is fixed term until the end of the academic year.
Closing: 30th April 2020
We welcome visits from prospective candidates. If you would like to arrange a visit then please contact the school on 01276 23207
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.