Learning Support Assistant (Level 3) and casual HLTA
31.25 hours per week, term time only (08:30am - 3:45pm with a one hour lunch)
Fixed term for one year
The Headteacher and Governors of St Luke & St Philip's CofE Primary Academy are seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly and popular school in Key Stage 2.
The successful candidate will work as a HLTA, on a casual basis, as and when required. These hours will be paid at Grade F.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to model excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a good understanding of how children learn
- Be flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the children.
- Lead interventions for small groups of children in literacy and numeracy
- Support children with SEND
- Be committed to raising standards
- Be able to liaise closely with teachers, support staff, parents and the wider community
We can offer:
- Flexible, term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
- Good opportunities for personal and career development
- Pension Scheme
- Free access to employee assistance programme
- An inclusive and caring ethos
- Lots of exciting and creative learning opportunities
- Committed and dedicated staff
- Enthusiastic and friendly children and parents
The right candidate will have:
- The essential qualifications and experience as detailed in the person specification, including GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
- NVQ (or equivalent) Level 3 and Level 4 recognised childcare/teaching and learning qualification
- SEN experience
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- A can-do attitude.
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
The post is subject to satisfactory medical and DBS clearance and proof of legal working entitlement.
Closing date: Friday 10th June
Proposed interview dates: Wednesday 15th June (AM) and Thursday 16th June (AM)
The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available by below.
St Luke and St Philips Church of England Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.