At Thorpe Lea Primary School and Nursery, we are committed to enhancing the life chances of our children through an enriching and nurturing environment, with values-based principles and first class teaching and learning.
This post is cover for maternity leave and is currently expected to be required until the end of the Spring Term 2021.
Working days/hours: Wednesday 11:45 – 15:30 and Thursday & Friday 08:30 - 15:30 – total of 17.25 hours per week.
Salary: Surrey Pay Range PS3. Actual pro-rata salary range is £7,347 - £7,871 (Full time range is £18,013 - £18,957)
Contract: Temporary to cover Maternity Leave, starting as soon as possible.
Closing date: Suitable candidates will be invited for interview as their applications are received, so please complete the application form as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close the vacancy at any time should a suitable candidate be found.
• To work within and maintain the context of the whole Nursery and Early Years team
• To plan and carry out activities in line with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage
• To ensure children get the best start in life by supporting and developing the prime areas of learning which will develop the child’s independence, confidence, self-esteem and resilience.
• Support staff develop and work closely with other staff and professionals to provide the best outcomes for all children.
• Hold at least an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
• Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour
• Be a committed professional with vision and drive
• Be able to work as part of team
• Support the values of our school
• Have an ability to communicate effectively
We can offer you:
• A collaborative learning culture with a dedicated and enthusiastic staff
• Wonderful children who are friendly, happy and willing to learn
• A bright and welcoming school environment
• Continuous professional development
A dedicated community working together, nurturing a safe, happy school, where all children can achieve their potential.
Thorpe Lea Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people so expect all staff and volunteers, as well as those who work on the premises, to share this commitment.
As part of our safeguarding commitment, appointment to any post is subject to various checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.