We are looking to appoint a Level 3 SEND Teaching Assistant to work within the SEND Hub and the classroom for 32.5 hours per week
This is a permanent position.
Post to commence from September 2020 (Interview and start date will be dependent on COVID circumstances)
This post is subject to a 6-month probationary period.
The successful candidate must have:
• A commitment to the school and willing to go the extra mile.
• Previous experience of working with children with social/communication difficulties in particular children on the ASD pathway.
• A sound knowledge of the principles of Literacy and Numeracy
• An ability to lead interventions to a high standard.
• An ability to lead Hub classes when required.
• The ability to close the gap for lower attaining pupils.
• An ability to relate to children with severe social and emotional difficulties and be able to help them to self-regulate.
If you are interested in this post, please submit an application alongside a letter of interest to Mrs Crichton outlining your relevant experience and what you can bring to this role. The closing date for applications is Friday 31st July at 12pm.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.