Teaching Assistant (level 3) – working 1:1 – 22 hours per week (term time only plus 5 Inset days)
Location: Stanton Drew Primary School
Start Date: 1st September 2021
Contract: This post is temporary depending on funding and the named pupil being on roll at the school
Hours: 22 hours (Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning and afternoon)
Grade and Salary: JG4 SCP7-11 (£20092 - £21748, actual salary £10356 - £11209 per annum)
Applications are invited from experienced teaching assistants, qualified to NVQ level 3 or equivalent for the above post in our outstanding Primary School. The successful applicant will begin post on 1st September 2021. This is a 1:1 support role, working with a Year 1 child, who has an EHCP to support his learning, communication, social and emotional needs. This post is temporary depending on funding and the named pupil being on roll at the school.
The successful candidate will:
- Have high expectations of pupil achievement and will be skilled at supporting a child with a range of learning, social and emotional needs.
- Be enthusiastic about working with children in an educational environment and committed to supporting their learning.
- Have good communication and teamwork skills, and work collaboratively with teaching staff, other support staff and outside agencies.
- A friendly and supportive staff team.
- A school graded as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2012, providing excellent teaching and learning.
- Caring and respectful pupils who are proud of their school and work with independence and enthusiasm.
- Commitment to CPD opportunities.
- A supportive team of governors.
- Opportunities to work collaboratively across the federation.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Bishop Sutton school to make an appointment.
If you would like more information on the role or to book a visit please contact our Bishop Sutton school office on 01275-332817.
Closing Date: Thursday 8th July 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check
Federation of Bishop Sutton and Stanton Drew Primary Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.