Level 3 Teaching Assistant
Required from 2 November 2020
Part time 0.6 FTE (3 days per week)
Term time only
Grade E points 12-19
Actual salary £11092-12741
South Wilford Endowed CE Primary School is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and hard-working Level 3 Teaching Assistant to support teaching and learning in the classroom to maximise the participation of our children. The role will include complementing the class teachers’ delivery of the national curriculum , work collaboratively with teaching staff assisting in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources and deliver high quality lessons following the planning given.
We are a long and established inclusive school with high ambition for all children and adults. Work is well underway on a new, rich and diverse curriculum that develops the whole child including life skills and emotional well-being alongside academic progress.
We have a naturally supportive staff team who, in the words of a recent external school improvement advisor, ‘genuinely show warmth and support towards one another’.
We have amazing school grounds that offer extensive opportunities for outdoor learning including forest schools, a farm and an expansive woodland area.
We warmly welcome applications from those who are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of children and thrives on challenging themselves and others to keep on improving. Our working relationships are positive, supportive and forward looking.
- be able to provide creative, inspiring and enriching learning opportunities;
- possess and use appropriate skills to undertake those activities necessary to meet the physical, emotional and educational needs of individuals and groups of children, including those with special needs
- be an enthusiastic classroom practitioner with a positive attitude and high expectations of pupils’ attainment and behaviour
- have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards;
- work well as part of a team
- be literate and numerate;
- be enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting;
- have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
- A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
- Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
- Calm and purposeful learning environments
- Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
- Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school office.
How to apply
Application forms can be downloaded on the Transform Trust website. Any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Mrs Heather Stannard at South Wilford Endowed CE Primary School,
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 16 September 2020 at 12 noon
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6600 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film on our website
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
South Wilford Endowed CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.