The Governing Body of Deighton Primary School wish to offer a Fixed Term contract for a Level 3 Teaching Assistant.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated, and committed Teaching Assistant who can support our children in writing their journey one day at a time.
This is a promising opportunity to join the school at an exciting time for education in Wales. As a school we are currently in the process of developing our new curriculum and we are looking for an inspirational team player who can help contribute and shape our pupil’s learning journeys.
Safeguarding and wellbeing of our pupils underpins everything we do at Deighton. We require a positive role model who can enforce positive behaviour management techniques and strategies that consistent with the school’s values and ethos.
The successful candidates will be expected to:
• Be passionate about making a difference to the lives of the children at Deighton.
• Make a contribution to the fabric of the whole school, becoming a positive and effective member of a successful, professional, diligent staff team.
• Play their part in implementing and reviewing the new curriculum.
• Support the improvement of standards for learners in all aspects of school life.
• Demonstrate a good knowledge of the new curriculum in Wales.
• Demonstrate effective professional, interpersonal and organisational skills.
• Be sympathetic and supportive of vulnerable learners.
• Be committed to the use of the Welsh language and the bilingual agenda in Wales.
• Have a good understanding of the new ALN Bill.
• Show passion for their continued professional development and be a lifelong learner and role model.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records and will be required to have relevant EWC registration.
Deighton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.