Level 3 Teaching Assistant
Required from January 2021
Full time term time only
Grade E points 12 – 19 (FTE £22,183-£25481)
Actual salary £18,996-£21,820 per annum
Edale Rise Primary and Nursery School is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and hard-working Level 3 Teaching Assistant to support teaching and learning in the classroom in order to maximise the participation of our children. The role will include complementing the class teachers’ delivery of the national curriculum, working collaboratively with teaching staff, assisting in the whole planning cycle, preparing resources and delivering high quality lessons following the planning given.
Edale Rise is an exciting school where we excel in our curriculum provision and ethos. Our intent is to ensure all children are equipped for further education and are model citizens ready to make a positive contribution to the world. Located in Sneinton, our community reflects the positivity in our school. We work together to support our children and share a respect for learning.
We are also part of the Transform Trust MAT which means we have the advantage of being able to work collaboratively with other schools in Nottingham and Derby. Transform Trust are focused on children in every decision made and this is reflected in every school
We warmly welcome applications from those who are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of children and those who thrive on challenging themselves and others to keep on improving. Our working relationships are positive, supportive and forward looking.
- be able to provide creative, inspiring and enriching learning opportunities;
- possess and use appropriate skills to undertake those activities necessary to meet the physical, emotional and educational needs of individuals and groups of children, including those with special needs
- be an enthusiastic classroom practitioner with a positive attitude and high expectations of pupils’ attainment and behaviour
- have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards;
- work well as part of a team
- be literate and numerate;
- be enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting;
- have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
- A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
- Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
- Calm and purposeful learning environments
- Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
- Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are difficult at the moment due to the current national lockdown. Please feel free to look at our website and that of Transform Trust to gain a flavour for our school or give us a call.
How to apply
To obtain an application form, any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Carol Arnold at Edale Rise Primary and Nursery School, Edale Road, Sneinton. NG24HT
Closing date for applications : Friday 4th December 12 noon
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
Edale Rise Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate will be required for this post.