Level 3 Teaching Assistant Advert
Dates: Apply by Monday 15th March 2021 12 noon
Start date: 19th April 2021
Salary: points 12 - 19, £18,996.08-£21,820.43 per annum
Contract type: Full time and permanent
Hours: 37 hours, Term Time Only
Level 3 Teaching Assistant at Heathfield Primary and Nursery School
As we approach capacity for our increasing roll over 2 campuses we are seeking to further extend our Teaching Assistant Staffing Complement.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated Teaching Assistant to work with us to make a significant contribution to the future achievement of our pupils and continued development of Heathfield Primary. The successful candidate will need a range of relevant experiences of supporting a range of learners and the necessary skills to contribute to improving outcomes for all pupils regardless of the complexity of any barriers. At Heathfield, we expect all staff to be flexible in their deployment in order to serve our pupils’ needs. However, experience in the Early Years and Key Stage 1 are essential.
At Heathfield you will find a dedicated staff team who work very closely together to ensure pupils are well looked after, in a safe environment with a vibrant ethos that is highly conducive to learning.
We are looking to appoint practitioners who:
- Clearly enjoy working with children and supporting their all-round development
- Are professional at all times
- Are committed, energetic and creative
- Provide a positive role model for children, parents and colleagues at all times
- Are willing to buy into the school’s vision and aims to support all pupils to achieve their full potential
- Are strong team players
- Are capable in literacy and maths and therefore able to model and demonstrate, and to support children’s progress by addressing misconceptions
- Are willing to go the extra mile to ensure our pupils have rich, positive and engaging experiences in and out of school
- Have experience of leading the learning of children in a range of contexts
In return successful candidates will:
- Work with and alongside enthusiastic, friendly and well-behaved children
- Be joining a highly committed, talented and open-minded staff team
- Work with a supportive and experienced Governing Body
- Have access to quality professional development
Despite the pandemic, visits to the school are welcome but these will be outside of the school day. A tour of the school is available on the following dates:
1. Tuesday 9th March, 4:00pm at the Scotland Road Campus, NG5 1JU
2. Thursday 11th March, 4:00pm at the Kersall Drive Campus, NG6 9EU
Heathfield Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects staff and volunteers to adhere to this commitment. A current valid DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Certificate is essential as well as completion of the Staff Suitability Declaration for this post.
To apply for this position please complete the application form with a supporting letter of application not exceeding 2 sides of A4, font size 11.
Closing date: Monday 15th March 2021 at 12 noon
Shortlisting date: Tuesday 16th March 2021
Interviews: w/b 22nd March 2021
Safeguarding statement: Heathfield Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to adhere to this commitment. A current valid DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) certificate is essential for this post.