Level 3 Teaching Assistant
Required from 1st November 2021
This is a full time, permanent position (37 hours a week)
Term time only
Salary Grade E point 12-19 (£22,183 -25,481FTE)
Actual salary per annum £18,996-£21,820
Burford Primary and Nursery School is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and hard-working Level 3 Teaching Assistant to support teaching and learning in the classroom to maximise the participation of our children. The role will include complementing the class teacher’s delivery of the national curriculum, working collaboratively with teaching staff, assisting in the whole planning cycle, the management/preparation of resources and delivery of high quality lessons.
The role will initially be in KS2 but we are looking for candidates with the ability to work across school.
Burford is a happy, pragmatic and creative school, passionate about moving all children forward in their learning. If you are seeking an opportunity to be part of a team that creates an inspiring, fun and inclusive learning environment, then we can’t wait to hear from you!
We warmly welcome applications from those who are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of children and thrive on challenging themselves and others to keep on improving. Our working relationships are positive, supportive and forward looking.
• be able to provide creative, inspiring and enriching learning opportunities
• possess and use appropriate skills to undertake those activities necessary to meet the physical, emotional and educational needs of individuals and groups of children, including those with special needs
• be an enthusiastic classroom practitioner with a positive attitude and high expectations of pupils’ attainment and behaviour
• have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards
• work well as part of a team
• be literate and numerate
• be enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting
• have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed but may have to be offered virtually because of Covid restrictions. Please contact the school office to arrange a mutually agreeable time.
How to apply
Equality and diversity matters to us. If you think you’d be suited to one of our roles we’d love to hear from you regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexuality.
Please complete the online application form which you will find on the Transform Trust website - .
Any questions or queries should be directed to Sarah Harding
Closing date for applications : 9am on Monday 27th September 2021.
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are strategic partners in Inspiring Leaders, Flying High Teaching School Hub, East Midlands Maths Hub and with Derby Research School.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Applied, Transform’s unique and high regarded CPD service
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film
All school roles are classed as regulated activity and as such, it is an offence to apply to for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children
Transform Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, Enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education.