Teaching Assistant (level 3) – working 1:1 – 17.5 hours per week (term time only plus 5 Inset days)
Location: Stanton Drew Primary School
Start Date: 1st December 2021
Contract: This post is fixed term until 31/8/22 in the first instance, depending on funding and the named pupil being on roll at the school
Hours: 17.5 hours (5 mornings Mon-Fri)
Grade and Salary: JG4 SCP7-11 (£20092 - £21748, pro rata £8,238 - £8916 per annum)
Applications are invited from experienced teaching assistants, qualified to NVQ level 3 or equivalent for the above post in our outstanding Primary School. The success applicant will begin post on 1st December 2021. This is a 1:1 support role, working with a child in a mixed YR/1/2 class, to support his learning, communication, social and emotional needs. This post is fixed term until 31/8/22 in the first instance, depending on funding and the named pupil being on roll at the school.
The successful candidate will:
- Have high expectations of pupil achievement and will be skilled at supporting a child with a range of learning, social and emotional needs.
- Be enthusiastic about working with children in an educational environment and committed to supporting their learning.
- Have good communication and teamwork skills, and work collaboratively with teaching staff, other support staff and outside agencies.
- A friendly and supportive staff team.
- A school graded as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2012, providing excellent teaching and learning.
- Caring and respectful pupils who are proud of their school and work with independence and enthusiasm.
- Commitment to CPD opportunities.
- A supportive team of governors.
- Opportunities to work collaboratively across the federation.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Stanton Drew School to make an appointment.
If you would like more information on the role or to book a visit please contact our Stanton Drew School on 01275-332820 or by email. Full contact details can be located within the 'Apply Now' section; please log in or register to view.
Closing Date: 8th November 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check
Federation of Bishop Sutton and Stanton Drew Primary Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.