The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust wishes to appoint a Teaching Assistant at SS John Fisher & Thomas More Catholic Primary School
• To work with groups of pupils under the supervision of the teacher including the delivery of programmes of work and the implementation of ILPs
• Assist the teacher to ensure a safe classroom and outdoor environment
• Prepare the classroom for lessons, including display work and clear afterwards
• Supervise groups and occasionally whole classes for a session/lesson in the classroom or outside the main teaching area as required
The successful candidate will:
• Have strong moral and ethical principles and values
• Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations
• Be open to new ideas, committed to working as part of a team and of course have a good sense of humour.
• Act with the utmost integrity at all times.
We can offer the successful candidate:
• An opportunity to work within a welcoming and enthusiastic environment with wonderful children, supportive staff, governors and parents
• Close links and group support from three other schools in this forward thinking Catholic multi-academy trust in this exciting time in our development
• An opportunity to be part of a team of dedicated, talented and hardworking individuals
• Entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme which is one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of 18.5%
• A true commitment to Continuing Professional Development with access to a library of on-line training courses and fully accredited qualifications and opportunities to access other relevant paid training.
A range of employee benefits which support your well-being that includes:
o A confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is extended to members of your family
o A Health Cash Plan which is paid for by the Trust and gives access to a range of benefits which include covering the costs towards optical, dental, alternative therapy treatments, health screening and discounted gym memberships and a large range of retail discounts. Some benefits are also available to family members
o Flu vaccination clinics
o Eyecare Vouchers
Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit the school and meet with the Headteacher. Please contact Mrs Collette Austin (School Business Manager) to make arrangements.
If you would like to apply for the position, application packs are available from the Trust’s website. You should complete the CES Support Staff Application Form and return it by e-mail to Mrs Andrea Sweeney HR Manager. You will need to read the Application Form Notes, Privacy Notice, Job Description, Person Specification and Disclosure Form.
The Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, religion, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, sex and sexual orientation.
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post will be subject to enhanced DBS and barred list checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The applicant will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
It is not a requirement of this role to be a practising Catholic and applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
CVs and agency referrals will not be accepted
Please note that whilst the successful candidate will be appointed to a particular school within the Trust, the Trust reserves the right to deploy staff at any of its schools depending on need, where agreement is reached with all parties.
SS John Fisher and Thomas More Catholic Primary School - a Voluntary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.