The Governing Body wishes to appoint a suitably qualified and committed Level 3 Teaching Assistant to join our skilled team of staff. The focus will be on supporting Teachers and delivering agreed learning activities for pupils with Additional Learning Needs (ALN) and Social, Emotional and Behavioural difficulties (SEBD), ensuring they achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate will:
• have experience of working with pupils with ALN and SEBD
• have experience of following the Thrive approach or equivalent
• be experienced in planning, preparing and delivering learning activities
• be enthusiastic about working with children
• be a good communicator and team member, who is caring, flexible and approachable helping to motivate learners to succeed
• be able to work collaboratively
• be reliable and able to take responsibility
• have excellent numeracy and literacy skills
• be qualified to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a related childcare discipline
Neath Port Talbot Council is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our schools are equally committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and young people and will take action to safeguard their wellbeing. The recruitment process for this post will be underpinned by rigorous safer recruitment assessment to ensure that children and young people are protected.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Ysgol Carreg Hir is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.