Level 3 Teaching Assistant – Maternity Cover in EYFS
Required from 1st Jan 2021
Full time - 37 hours term time only
Fixed term – to cover maternity leave
until 31 October 2021 or earlier should the post holder return sooner
Point 12 to 19 (£22183-£25481 FTE)
Actual salary £18,996 - £21,820 per annum
William Booth Primary & Nursery School is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and hard-working Level 3 Teaching Assistant to support teaching and learning in the EYFS classroom to maximise the participation of our children. The role will include complementing the class teachers’ delivery of the national curriculum , work collaboratively with teaching staff assisting in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources and deliver high quality lessons following the planning given.
William Booth is an average sized, thriving 210 primary school with a 60 place Nursery, very close to the city centre. The school is set on a fairly large site and considerable efforts have gone into making the most of the site to provide our children with an appropriate and stimulating outdoor environment.
Visitors to the school always talk very enthusiastically about the quality of the learning environment and the highly tangible warm, inviting and positive ethos. A quote from one of our visitors encapsulates William Booth very well: “There is something special about the place the moment you step through the door. It is a haven for everyone in the middle of a very busy city”.
The school was last inspected by OFSTED in January 2014.
Some of the main findings were that:-
• The school is a GOOD school.
• Standards are rising rapidly and pupils are making good progress in all age groups.
• Carefully considered support for all pupils helps them to improve quickly.
• Behaviour is good throughout the school and lessons are interesting.
• Teaching is good and outstanding and staff work very closely together.
• Pupils enjoy a wide range of subjects and the rich mix of after-school activities.
• Parents strongly agree that the school is led and managed well.
We serve a varied catchment area and our children reflect a variety of social, cultural and academic backgrounds.
We warmly welcome applications from those who are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of children and thrives on challenging themselves and others to keep on improving. Our working relationships are positive, supportive and forward looking.
• be able to provide creative, inspiring and enriching learning opportunities;
• possess and use appropriate skills to undertake those activities necessary to meet the physical, emotional and educational needs of individuals and groups of children, including those with special needs
• be an enthusiastic classroom practitioner with a positive attitude and high expectations of pupils’ attainment and behaviour
• have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards;
• work well as part of a team
• be literate and numerate;
• be enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting;
• have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven
towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please phone the Rachel Lee (School Business Manager) to arrange a mutually convenient time and date.
How to apply
Download an application form. Any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Rachel Lee at William Booth Primary & Nursery School, Notintone Street, Sneinton, Nottingham NG2 4QF.
Closing date for applications: Friday 11th December 2020 @ 9am.
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
William Booth Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.